For a printer friendly page click here.
- PURPOSE: To provide general information about the Dwight David Eisenhower Army Medical Center Fisher House as well as specific information regarding enrollment criteria and check-in procedures.
- The Fisher House is a home away from home for families of patients who are currently admitted as inpatients at Dwight David Eisenhower Army Medical Center (DDEAMC) and family member(s) are physically in the area. Fisher House is a temporary residence and not a treatment facility, hospice, transient lodging facility or counseling center. Health care providers are not on the Fisher House staff.
- The Fisher House has seven individual rooms, all of which include a full bath. The rooms sleep two to four guests depending on the room available at the time. In addition, to the individual rooms, residents share a common living room, kitchen and laundry area. There is no smoking in the Fisher House and all housekeeping is done by the residents.
- Reservations are not made at the Fisher House. Families (guest(s)) are accepted on a first-come, first served basis. When the Fisher House is full, the Fisher House Manager maintains a waiting list of those who wish to stay. Exceptions to the first-come, first served basis can be made by the manager in certain circumstances when a waiting list is maintain (very seriously ill or seriously ill patients, etc.).
- Families wishing to stay at the Fisher House should have a Fisher House referral form filled-out by their health care provider. If the Fisher House is full the referral form for the families will be used to add the families to the waiting list. Referral forms are listed on the Fisher House’s web site at: www.ddeamc.amedd.army.mil/visitor/fisher.htm Fisher House referral forms can be done by the Social Workers and Case Managers of the ward at DDEAMC. Referrals can also be done through the DDEAMC American Red Cross, DDEAMC Chaplains, and the ward that the in-patient is admitted on at Dwight David Eisenhower Army Medical Center. The Fisher House referral form should be faxed to the Fisher House fax number at (706) 787-5106 plus the Fisher House contacted and if during non-duty hours the Administrative Officer of the Day (AOD) at DDEAMC should be contacted.
- Duty Hours: Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, contact number 706-787-7100. For placement into the Fisher House during non-duty hours (Evening, Weekends and Holidays) contact the Administrative Officer of the Day (AOD) at DDEAMC AOD Desk number: 706-787-6019/2770, or AOD Cell number: 706-830-1405.
- Families are strongly encouraged to make other lodging arrangements prior to their arrival in the Augusta area, if coming in the future. This ensures that the families have a place to stay in the event that Fisher House is full.
- For additional information visit the below web site or contact the Fisher House at (706) 787-7100. WWW.DDEAMC.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL/VISITOR/FISHER.HTM