Location: 8th Floor
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Allergen and Venom Immunotherapy (Allergy Shot) Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 11 a.m., 1 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.
(Appointments for Allergy shots are available
on Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.)
The Allergy/Immunology Service at the Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center wants to welcome you to our web site. Our commitment is to provide the highest quality care to our patients. We provide care to patients of all ages, from infancy to adulthood. The services that are rendered through our clinic include the diagnosis and care of patients with pollen allergies (allergic rhinitis), sinusitis, asthma, hives (urticaria), food, drug and insect allergies (bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets and fire ants), adverse reactions to drugs and vaccines, and immunodeficiencies.
The following services are provided through the Allergy/Immunization Service:
- Inpatient and outpatient allergy/immunology consultation and follow-up
- Overseas and specialty immunizations for non-Active duty health care beneficiaries (Active duty soldiers should receive their immunizations through the Occupation Health clinic or their Troop Medical Clinic)
- Immunotherapy(allergy injections to pollens and selective insects)
- Pulmonary function testing
- Drug and food challenges
- Skin testing (Pollen, food, selected insects)
- Anergy panel and tuberculosis screening (PPD)
- Travel Clinic (Self-referral but by appointment only). We recommend making your travel clinic appointment AT LEAST 1 month prior to travel, when possible
HOURS OF OPERATION:
The hours of operation are as follows:
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Allergen and Venom Immunotherapy (Allergy Shot)
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 11 a.m., 1 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- (Appointments for Allergy shots are available on Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.)
Vaccinations Anergy Panel and PPD Placement:
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
NOTE: Patients must return to the clinic two days later to have the anergy panel or PPD read.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- *No PPD placement on Thursdays
- Patients are seen by consultation only. Consult must be approved by the Primary Care Manager assigned to you and your family.
- The Allergy/Immunology Clinic is located on the 8th Floor, the Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time. Please stop antihistamines and cold medications for 1 week prior to your appointment so that allergy testing can performed, if indicated. If you have any questions about which medications to stop, please contact the clinic.
- Please bring your outpatient record and your yellow shot record or other documentation of immunizations if immunizations are needed.
- Please call the Allergy/Immunization Clinic prior to your appointment to receive special instructions on medications that need to be discontinued prior to the evaluation. Generally, we ask that all antihistamines (eg, benadryl, Claritin, Allegra, Zyrtec, atarax) be stopped one week prior to your appointment.
- If you need any further information please call the Allergy/Immunology Clinic at 706-787-4154 or stop by the clinic for clarification.