Location: Room 2H-03
In Accordance With AR 40-66, medical records are the property of the United States Government. It is the responsibility of the Outpatient Records Section (OPRS) to ensure that medical records are safeguarded from loss, tampering, and from unauthorized release of information.
The mission of OPRS is to provide support and assistance to the staff of this MEDCEN and its beneficiary population on all medical record related matters. Combined, the OPRS and two Troop Medical Centers (TMCs) currently secure and maintain over 70,000 outpatient treatment records and 7,000 Health Records.
The hours of operation are as follows:
1. All Troop Medical Clinics: Monday - Friday: 6:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. Closed: Saturday, Sunday and all Federal Holidays.
2. Hospital Records Room: Monday - Friday: 6:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Closed: Saturday, Sunday and all Federal Holidays.
The following services are provided by the OPRS:
1. Extract records for patients that have scheduled appointments (this service prevents patients from waiting in line in order to sign out their medical records because the medical record will already be at the appropriate clinic).
2. Repair medical records IAW AR 40-66.
3. File medical documentation in medical records.
4. Provide eligibility statement for patients that have a prescription from a civilian physician.
5. Transfer records and medical documentation to other Medical Treatment Facilities.
6. Print medical warning tags (allergy tags).