Increased TRICARE Beneficiary Use of Online and Phone Customer Service Led to End of Walk-in Service April 1, 2014
With the rapidly increasing number of TRICARE beneficiaries who most often turn to a laptop or cell phone when they have questions, walk in service at Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center's TRICARE Service Center (TSC) ceased to be available April 1, 2014.
DDEAMC patients still have a wide variety of secure, electronic customer service options available through www.tricare.mil . The new "I want to….." feature puts everything beneficiaries want to do online right on the front page of www.tricare.mil .
Beneficiaries who want get personal assistance may call Humana Military South Region at (800) 444-5445 for enrollment and benefit help. All health care, pharmacy, dental and claims contact information is located at www.tricare.mil/contactus . Beneficiaries are able to get 24/7 TRICARE benefit information at www.tricare.mil , make enrollment and primary care manager changes and more online at www.tricare.mil/enrollment . Rather than driving to an installation TSC, TRICARE beneficiaries can even combine high-tech with low-tech by downloading health care forms online and sending them in the old fashion way, through the U.S. mail.
Eisenhower Army Medical Center's Division of Managed Care staff, co-located with the TSC on the 2nd floor, will continue to provide beneficiaries with assistance with the following services:
- network referrals and authorizations
- Warrior Transition Unit In and Out Processing
- Active Duty, TRICARE Plus applications
- TRICARE Prime, Standard, and TRICARE For Life claims
- the TRICARE Prime Travel benefit
- Durable Medical Equipment requests
- briefings on TRICARE Prime and Standard, TRICARE For Life, MET Life, Delta dental, the TRICARE Pharmacy program, direct care benefits, and OB services.
Any questions concerning claims or the closure of TSC walk-in services may be directed to Beneficiary Services at (706) 787-1471 or (706) 787-6261.